Olympia Land Use Attorney Assisting With Zoning Issues

Road in a fieldThere are many restrictions when it comes to the use of land. One of these restrictions that a person cannot build on or use their land just as they wish. In order to construct a building, or even change the use of a building, the land which you are using usually must be zoned accordingly. However, if you wish to use land for purposes that would violate current zoning code, you may still have options. By obtaining for a variance or special use permit, you may be able to use land for purposes other than those for which it is zoned. The process obtaining such a right is complicated and it is best to retain an experienced lawyer to help you. Ben Cushman is an Olympia land use attorney who handles such applications. Ben has been serving our community since 1996 and our office is ready to help you. Contact us today. We also serve Tacoma and other Washington areas.

Land use lawyer assisting Olympia and Tacoma businesses in applying for zoning variances

Zoning issues are typically handled at the local and county level. Gaining a zoning variance or special use permit can involve submitting the findings of professionals who state why the exception is in the community interest, reports as to how the change will impact the community, and other information. Once the application has been submitted it is possible that an appearance will need to be made before the zoning board to argue why the exception should be granted. Submitting an incomplete, inadequate, or incorrectly completed application can result in your request being denied. By retaining an attorney you help to make sure that the process is properly completed.

Ben Cushman is an Olympia land use lawyer who helps with filing for zoning variances and special use permits. At your initial consultation Ben will gain an understanding of why you are asking for an exception, the specifics of your proposed project, and of your overall goals. He will then begin accumulating the necessary records, and working with your engineer and other professionals, to file a proper application on your behalf. Ben will attend any required hearings and ensure that you are treated fairly by the regulating bodies. We understand that gaining a variance or special use permit may be vital to your long terms plans. Our firm will work to handle the process as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.

Our firm also serves the Thurston County cities of Lacey, Tumwater, and Yelm, the Pierce County cities of Tacoma, Puyallup, and Lakewood, the Lewis County cities of Centralia, Chehalis, the King County cites of Seattle, Auburn, Bellevue, Burien, and Federal Way, as well as other areas in Washington, including Grays Harbor, Mason, Cowlitz, and Pacific Counties.

Olympia attorney staying in regular communication with those who require zoning variances

If you are dealing with a construction project or some other business venture then the chances are that you are already handling many different issues. It is important that your lawyer be in regular contact with you in order to ensure that you are kept up to date as to the status of your situation. Ben makes attorney-client communication a priority. In addition to promptly responding to emails and phone calls, our firm provides an online portal through which you may retrieve all vital documents in your case. We will be available to answer your questions and to address your concerns. It is our honor to serve the Olympia and South Sound community and we take these obligations seriously.